1-1 - Components of Technology
differentiate between science and technology. [3.402,3.403]
|| analyze examples of technology as a process and
technology as a product. [3.403, 3.402]
Activity Instructions - Complete the following:
is an Individual Project
– Design and Problem Solving in Technology (Hutchinson, Karsnitz)
a technology product, or group of technology products
example, (keep it simple)
NOTE: cannot be a claw hammer - used as
an example in the lesson
- a ball point pen
- shoe iron
- hair brush
- or Select an invention
listed in the second paragraph on page 3 of the text.
Product: (the way to do this activity)
Research your chosen technology to produce a document, presentation or web
page to examine the technology under the following headings. The work must have a
properly annotated bibliography.
- What is the specific product chosen and when was it invented/developed ?
- What knowledge led to the development of this product/invention ?
- Which processing techniques (see page 5-8 of the text) were required to
develop/produce the completed product/invention ?
- Which scientific principles apply to its use ?
- Include at least one graphic of the chosen technology.
- Save the project in the Unit1 folder your Web Portfolio and link it on your Unit 1 page.
Evaluation of this Activity will based on a demonstrated understanding of;
as each applies to your selected technology product as a solution of a human need or want.
Date: Check Assignment Due Date Schedule